You’ve probably heard some buzz about Disney’s Genie and Genie+ service, now available at Walt Disney World. All the news can feel overwhelming, so Pixie Dust Planners is here to break down what you need to know about the new service! Join us for a free Zoom webinar open to the public on Feb. 1, 8 p.m. EST. to learn everything you need to know about the Genie – click here to register! In the meantime, here are a few quick tips to hold you over!
- You don’t have to purchase Genie+ to have access to the Individual Attraction Selections. These Individual Attractions can be purchased under the Tip Board and you can purchase for each individual in your party that wants to use the Lightning Lane for that specific attraction.
- Genie+ will give you the next available time to book Lightning Lane for an attraction. You can’t choose a specific return time. If you don’t like the time that is available, you can “pull down” and refresh the page until a more desirable time pops up.
- You can book another Lightning Lane reservation as soon as you have tapped into the first one that you booked. Another not so well-known tip is that you can book another Lightning Lane reservation if 120 minutes have passed since you last booked a reservation. This comes into play when you book a reservation for a very popular attraction and the only time that is available is later in the day.
- If you are purchasing Individual Attraction Selections and you have Park Hopper tickets, your selections don’t have to be in the same park. For example, if your park reservation is for Epcot, you can purchase the Lightning Lane for Frozen Ever After to use in the morning and if you are hopping to Animal Kingdom the same day, you can purchase the Lightning Lane for Flight of Passage to use in the afternoon.
- Have your phone charged when you enter the park and bring a portable phone charger. You will not make it to park closing without your battery dying while using Disney Genie. THIS ONE IS HUGE!
There’s so much more to learn about the Genie service. Don’t forget to register here for our free, open to everyone Zoom webinar on Feb. 1 at 8 p.m. EST. And for all things Disney and Universal including questions and inquiries on planning a trip, reach out to Pixie Dust Planners at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pixie Dust Planners offers two different services- Itinerary Plans and Touring Plans. We have you fill out a questionnaire that lets us know your likes and dislikes, the ages of those traveling with you, your park preferences, dining preferences, and much more! We then take that information and build an itinerary and/or touring plan that is customized for you!